Arboretum Wespelaar is OPEN on Wednesdays and Sundays from 10am to 5pm (you can exit the Arboretum until 6pm through the parking) until Sunday November 16th. Groups are also welcome on other days on request. For more practical informations, please go to "Contact and visits".
Tilia and Hovenia dulcis in plot 261 are spreading a sweet scent over the Arboretum. On sunny days, you can hear the bees buzzing around Tilia japonica and other trees (plots 211, 214, 220, 243). Tilia henryana (plot 214), with its ciliate leaf margin, will start flowering soon. Now is also the time to explore the different Hydrangea species in the Marnef Wood. In plot 119, you will find the hairy Hydrangea aspera subsp. sargentiana and Hydrangea aspera 'Macrophylla' next to Hydrangea paniculata ‘Brussels Lace’ with its typical flower panicles. Hydrangea paniculata 'White Moth' in plot 121 will certainly leave an impression with its large dazzling white flower panicles, as will the oakleaf Hydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Flake' and Hydrangea quercifolia ‘Applause’ in plot 131.
New on our website:
- Labeling user guide for the labeling of collection plants (page The plants collection - Labeling)
- Page "Our selections" with an overview of plants selected and named by Arboretum Wespelaar
- We now have a facebook page! We will use it for important notices and for updates about what is happening and flowering.
- New publications (with amongst others an article about yellow flowering Magnolias at Wespelaar)
- Year report 2013 (on the page Mission and history)
Visit our image gallery to see pictures of the Arboretum in all seasons!